Posted by Mike Groner on Jul 21, 2016 9:39:57 AM

Annual_Dice_Banner.jpgCommercial General Liability: Protects the production company against claims for bodily injury or property damage liability arising out of filming the picture. This coverage will be required prior to filming on any city or provincial roadways, or any locations sites requiring filming permits.

Coverage can be amended to include an international indemnification clause which can provide coverage if shooting overseas.

Coverage may also include auto liability for non-owned vehicles (both on and off camera). Non-owned auto liability* only applies as primary insurance in jurisdictions where the auto insurance industry is privatized (such as Ontario, Alberta, and the United States), otherwise it applies as excess insurance and another liability policy must be in force (although this is often maintained by the vehicle owner/lessor). 

There is limited or no coverage for autos, aircraft, watercraft or snow machines  under the Commercial General Liability coverage.  Details on use of these should be advised so coverage can amended or separate policies purchased.

To obtain coverage a no obligation insurance quote for your project, please click on one of the links below:

Short-Term Production Insurance:Up to 14-days with no minimum premium. Coverage can include Commercial General Liability, Film Equipment Insurance, Props/Sets/Wardrobe coverage, Automobile Physical Damage and more.

Film Production Package For a Single Production:Film Production Package for a single production: features, television series, documentaries, and more.

Blanket Annual Production Package:    A convenient way of administering your insurance if you anticipate multiple productions in the next twelve months. This type of policy covers Documentaries, Corporate Videos, Commercials, Educational Films, Music Videos, Shorts, and more.

Tags: Third Party Property Damage, Commercial general liablity

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all