Protégé : Insurance for Art SchoolsSophisticated, Contemporary Protection for Arts Educators.
Straightforward specialty insurance protection for arts education schools, facilities and individual instructors who teach dance, voice, instrumental, acting, visual and other performing arts children and adults of all ages.
- Studio Property: Protecting your business property.
- Business Continuity: Keeps you financially on-track when the unexpected happens.
- Bodily injury & Property Damage Liability: Managing a lawsuit.
- Abuse Liability: Managing allegations related to children and other vulnerable people.
- Educators Errors & Omissions: Enhanced liability protection for managing your School or Studio.
- And even more: Crime, Accident, Emergency Travel Medical Insurance, International Visitors to Canada, Management Liability for your Board, and employment-related claims.
We get it.
Front Row’s roots run deep in arts & culture. Many of Canada’s leading arts organizations place their confidence in us.
We were inspired to create Protégé so arts educators have an insurance solution that gave them great coverage for an affordable cost.
For years we have been designing solutions for the work our arts client were doing in youth outreach, programming and education.
Now with Protégé Arts Educators can get what they need to protect their organizations and the dedicated people who passionately make it all happen.
For Schools, Studios + Individual Artists.
Studio Property: Protecting your business property.
You’ve invested in your business. Great space, great equipment and Protégé will insure all of it so you be sure to have repaired or replaced if damaged or stolen.
- Your building, studio improvements such as your dance floor & mirrors, teaching studios, your studio contents including audio-visual equipment, cameras, sound, and instruments
- computers, owned, rented, or borrowed property
- costumes or sets, retail stock such as shoes, art supplies or instruments
- your employees’ & teachers’ property
- mobile coverage for productions, touring and competitions
Business Continuity: Keeps you financially on-track when the unexpected happens.
Protégé comes with protection for your bottom-line; you don’t have to sacrifice profit just to keep your doors open.
We insure you for:
- All or a portion of your continuing fixed expenses when your revenue is reduced after your studio or property is damaged
- Extra costs to operate your business when your studio or property is damaged.
- Loss of future tuition fees
- Your financial loss when the unexpected happens such as a disruption in your power, or you are prevented access to your studio by a local authority.
- Professional services fees to help you determine the amount of your claim.
Bodily injury & Property Damage Liability: Managing a lawsuit.
You take all prudent steps to keep your students safe. But accidents and injuries can occur, or damage to property that you don’t own can happen.
Protégé protects you for:
- Claims against you, your school or studio when a student has been injured, or you have damaged property such as your leased studio or a performance venue
- We will protect your corporation, organization or society, teachers, employees, volunteers, and freelance teachers when working with you
- We pay your legal defense costs
- Extends to presentations or performances and other activities away from your Studio
- Fundraising or promotional events
- Mental anguish related to bodily injury
- Workplace injuries
- Claims related to the use of non-owned automobiles
Abuse Liability: Managing allegations related to children and other vulnerable people.
Working with children, young people and other people who are vulnerable is important work, but it presents risks from allegations related to sexual, physical, mental, psychological, or emotional abuse.
Protégé has risk-specific coverage for:
- Damages awarded, or which are agreed upon, payable to the person making the claim against you
- Criminal and Civil legal defense costs
- Medical, rehabilitation & counselling costs for individuals affected by an incident of abuse
- Coverage extends to employees, instructors, guest artists, volunteers
Educators Errors & Omissions: Enhanced liability protection for managing your school.
An array of allegations can be made against you which are related to a student’s experience with your school and your curriculum.
We pay your legal fees and any awarded, or agree upon, damages which relate to:
- the improper placement of students, including the failure to promote or grant proper credit
- the failure to educate
- the improper guidance counselling or improper educational evaluations
- the wrongful dismissal of a student
Starting at $600 CAD (pricing subject to change). Contact us for a quote.