Film Production Offices: 5 Ways to Burglar-Proof
Burglar-proof film production office
Film production offices and equipment rental houses are more frequently robbed during the summer when windows and doors are left open in the summer heat. Thieves usually enter a production office in one of two ways: by forcing entry through a window or door or simply opening an unlocked window or door.
Five ways you can secure your production office:
- Rent production space that has new locking windows [Amazon Affiliate Link]: preferably on a second floor or higher.
- Ensure all windows and doors are locked overnight and while on set.
- Make the office look occupied by: leaving lights on, hiring a security guard, leaving a radio on.
- Install a security alarm [Amazon Affiliate Link] and install deadbolts on all doors.
- Make sure that everyone in your first production meeting is actually employed by the production. We once had a claim where someone sat through the first production meeting and when everyone broke for coffee, the thief left with several laptops.
Film production insurance policies will cover theft from a production office subject to a deductible: please contact us for more information. We are specialized film insurance brokers at Front Row.
Amazon Associates Disclosure: Front Row Insurance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This post may contain affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you.