Picnic event insurance
Hosting a picnic for the day? Do you need event liability?
Consider these risks associated with picnics to help you decide:
- If you are hosting the picnic in a municipal park, on a municipal beach or on crown land you may need a permit that requires you to show evidence of one-day event liability. Often the permit will specify the short-term venue liability amount required.
- Your guests may accidentally damage the cabana or barbecue shelter you have rented. Does the owner require you to provide evidence of short-term venue liability insurance? Check your rental contract.
- Are you hosting the picnic at home in your yard? Check with your homeowners broker to see if you are covered. Parties over a certain size are most likely not covered especially if you serve alcohol.
- Have you rented furniture, a sound system or a marquee? Are you responsible to insure this rented equipment? Time to read the fine print in those rental contracts.
- Hosting a picnic is a great time to bond with family, friends and coworkers. Picnics are fun until your guests are injured. What if your friend or relative is forced to sue you or your company? Will your homeowners insurance cover you? Probably not. Picnic liability insurance will cover you if you are sued by providing a lawyer to defend you and paying judgement costs awarded to your injured guest.
Front Row Insurance offers online picnic insurance; policies start at $105 (subject to change) and certificates proving insurance coverage for your location are provided immediately. A quote is also free: a fast quote is available any time of the day or night.
If you will be serving alcohol at your picnic, make sure that you request venue alcohol liability. Remember, as a host you are responsible for the safety of any guests. You could be held legally responsible if people consume alcohol during your picnic and harm themselves or someone else. Consider how your guests will be traveling home.
Purchase peace of mind in five minutes:
Are you in the US? Picnic event insurance in the US can be arranged quickly through our online program. Only available in California, New York and Texas at this time. Check back soon for more availability.
About: Front Row Insurance Brokers Inc. is an independent insurance broker that provides picnic insurance for the lowest possible cost. Should a claim occur, Front Row ensures that you receive the money you are owed per the picnic insurance policy, as quickly as possible. Front Row has offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax and are licensed and registered in all provinces in Canada.