Consider Purchasing Baby Shower Insurance: 5 Reasons
- Baby shower insurance will protect you against damage your guests accidentally cause to the venue you have rented. Does your venue require you to provide evidence of venue insurance? Yikes. Check your rental contract.
- Are you hosting the party at home? Check with your homeowners broker to see if you are covered. Parties over a certain size are most likely not covered.
- Have you rented furniture or the sound system or a marquee? Are you responsible to insure the equipment you have rented? Check your rental contract.
- Your guests could trip on temporary carpeting or slip on a drink spill on the floor and injure themselves. What if your friend or relative is forced to sue you? Awkward? No doubt. Will your homeowners insurance cover you? Probably not. Baby shower event liability insurance will cover you if you are sued by providing a free lawyer to defend you and paying the judgement costs awarded to your injured guest.
- What happens if your tent blows away and injures other people? Lawsuits from a cartwheeling marquee would be covered with baby shower insurance.
When hosting a baby shower most banquet halls and venues such as a community center or church hall will require you to have event insurance in place. Often the hall will tell you in their contract the short term venue liability amount required.
Baby shower planning should include online baby shower insurance otherwise known as one day event insurance
Cheap event insurance is available online with no need to talk to a broker. Policies start at $105 CAD (subject to change) and certificates for your baby shower venue are free. A quote is also free: a fast quote is available any time of the day or night.
Are you a Hudson's Bay Rewards Card holder? If so, purchase your baby shower insurance on this site to earn 2,000 Hudson's Bay Rewards points!
Are you in the US? Baby shower insurance in the US can be arranged quickly through our online program.
If you will be serving alcohol at your baby shower make sure that you request venue alcohol liability – available through our online site. Remember, as a renter you are responsible for the safety of any guests. You could be held legally responsible if people consume alcohol during your baby shower and harm themselves or someone else. Consider how your guests will be traveling home.
It is always good planning to purchase special event insurance for your party for a baby shower to protect against the unexpected.
Submit a comment