PROTECTING MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS AT HOME: INSURANCE AND MORE
In addition to purchasing professional musical instrument insurance, you can protect your precious instruments by doing the following:
- Create a safe room in your home. This can be as simple as putting a deadbolt lock on a closet where you store your gear.
- Purchase high-quality travel cases that protect against impact and moisture. Buy a cable lock and cable your cases together in the safe room.
- Install an alarm and deadbolt locks on your exterior doors. Use extra long screws for the lock.
- Purchase low-cost security film and apply it to your windows and exterior French doors. This will slow down entry for a smash and grab thief.
- If you are selling a musical instrument through Craigslist or some other private forum, always check that the method of payment is legitimate. Meet in a public area.
- Use a broker that specializes in the music industry, such as Front Row.
We offer instrument insurance for as low as $75 for $5,000 worth of gear with worldwide coverage and free office contents coverage.