It would seem to be obvious that one of the simplest ways to lower the cost of camera insurance is to assure the insurance company that the camera gear is safe and secure in your possession: but what does this mean?
First of all, use an insurance broker that is experienced with arranging camera equipment insurance. As specialized camera insurance brokers we represent you to the insurance company to ensure that you receive the best premium and coverage available in the marketplace for your photography insurance. Coverage now available online: https://photographer.frontrowinsurance.com
Every photography equipment insurance application will ask how your gear will be protected. The underwriters charge for discomfort so give them good detailed answers that make them comfortable. Good information includes:
- Warranting that you will have a bonded security guard watch the gear overnight if you are shooting on location.
- If you do not hire a security guard, pack your gear back into the truck(s) and park it in a secure compound overnight such as a tow truck yard. They often have excellent security: fenced and floodlit, manned 24/7 and dogs!
- Return your gear to the equipment rental house so you are not responsible overnight.
- Cable your gear that is not being used when shooting on the streets in a busy urban area.
- Avoid checking your bags when flying. Mysterious disappearance is not covered - you need to have an idea of the date and time when the equipment was stolen.
- Motion alarms are useful when shooting on location. Wedding photographers find these movement alarms useful as they cannot carry all their gear around the wedding. Put it inside your pelican case or bag and a siren will go off is someone picks it up. GPS and proximity alarms are also worth exploring. Let your camera insurance broker know that you have purchased these items.
Good information based on a little planning will ensure that you receive the best premium.
Front Row now offers on line camera insurance: https://photographer.frontrowinsurance.com. Insure your gear for as low as $10 (plus a fee). Get a quote in 1 minute. A policy in 5 minutes. Worldwide coverage. Protect your gear against: theft, breakage, fire and more. Liability is also available.
Click now for a free, no obligation online quote: https://photographer.frontrowinsurance.com