photography equipment insurance
It would seem obvious that one of the simplest ways to lower the cost of camera insurance is to assure the insurance company that the camera gear is safe and secure in your possession: but, what does this mean?
First of all, use an insurance broker that is experienced in arranging camera equipment insurance. As specialized camera insurance brokers, we represent you to the insurance company to ensure that you receive the best premium and coverage available in the marketplace for your photography insurance. Coverage now available online: https://photographer.frontrowinsurance.com
Every photography equipment insurance application will ask how your gear will be protected. The underwriters charge for discomfort, so give them detailed answers that make them comfortable.
Good underwriting information for photography equipment insurance:
- Warranting that you will have a bonded security guard watch the gear overnight if you are shooting on location.
- If you do not hire a security guard, pack your gear back into the truck(s) and park it in a secure compound overnight such as a tow truck yard. They often have excellent security: fenced and floodlit, manned 24/7 and dogs!
- Return your gear to the equipment rental house so you are not responsible overnight.
- Cable your gear that is not being used when shooting on the streets in a busy urban area.
- Avoid checking your bags when flying. Mysterious disappearance is not covered; you need to have an idea of the date and time when the equipment was stolen.
- Motion alarms [Affiliate Link] are useful when shooting on location. Wedding photographers find these movement alarms useful as they cannot carry all their gear around the wedding. Put it inside your pelican case or bag and a siren will go off if someone picks it up.
- GPS [Affiliate Link] and proximity alarms are also worth exploring. Let your photography insurance broker know that you have purchased these items.
Good information based on a little planning will ensure that you receive the best premium.
Front Row has online photography insurance: https://photographer.frontrowinsurance.com. Insure your gear for as low as $10 (plus a fee). Get a quote in 2 minutes; a policy in 5 minutes. Worldwide coverage. Protect your gear against: theft, breakage, fire and more. Liability is also available.
Refer a Friend to Front Row Insurance
Based on customer demand, we’ve setup our referral marketing program and if you refer a friend to Front Row, you could win a $15 Amazon eGift Card OR be entered into a random draw to win a $99 Amazon eGift Card! (depending on your province)
DISCLAIMER: Informational statements regarding insurance coverage are for general description purposes only. These statements do not amend, modify or supplement any insurance policy. Consult the actual policy or your broker for details regarding terms, conditions, coverage, exclusions, products, services and programs which may be available to you. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to the final determination of underwriting qualifications and acceptance by the insurance underwriting company providing such products or services. This website does not make any representations that coverage does or does not exist for any particular claim or loss, or type of claim or loss, under any policy. Whether coverage exists or does not exist for any particular claim or loss under any policy depends on the facts and circumstances involved in the claim or loss and all applicable policy wording.
Amazon Associates Disclosure: Front Row Insurance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This post may contain affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you.