SAVE MONEY ON YOUR CAMERA INSURANCE
To achieve the best premium for your camera and photography insurance, consider:
- Choose a higher deductible. A deductible is the specified amount of money that you must pay before an insurance company will pay a claim. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium. As long as you choose a deductible that you can still afford in the event your camera equipment is lost, stolen or damaged, you can save on your camera gear insurance cost. The fixed deductible on the Front Row online quoting program is $350 for equipment. If you currently have a deductible of less than $350 you will likely save money by obtaining a quote here: https://photographer.frontrowinsurance.com Note: our online quoting tool does not offer a higher deductible than $350.
- Buy equipment and liability coverage at the same time as a bundle. Combine your coverages and purchase at the same time: this could result in a lower package premium.
- Do your own risk management and increase security measures. Measures might include:
- Always compare quotes. Prices tend to vary from insurance company to insurance company – that’s why it’s always a good idea to shop around and compare quotes. Additionally, look for brokers that specializes in insurance for photographers.
- Make sure your policy covers commercial activities. This is a difficult, pricey lesson that is better learned before there is a loss. Our experience tells us that many professional photographers assume they are covered by their homeowners policy when in fact they are not. If you sell your prints , check your policy and make sure your coverage is appropriate.
We have created a 5-minute online insurance solution, available to Canadian photographers at: https://photographer.frontrowinsurance.com
The policy term is for 12 months and coverage is provided in most countries worldwide except those subject to trade restrictions.
Rental equipment coverage is also available. All equipment is covered for replacement cost for: theft, damage, fire and loss of use.
Industry-low photography insurance prices:
- $10,000 equipment coverage: $75 CAD,
- $2,000,000 location liability coverage: $200 CAD; $5,000,000: $350 CAD. Liability covers property damage and bodily injury that you do while shooting on location or in a rented studio. Pays legal fees, too.
- $350 deductible for gear.
The online program for photographers follows Front Row’s lead earlier this year into online offerings for short-term filmmakers and musicians. “We wanted to make the insurance process easier, faster and cheaper for photographers,” said David Hamilton, President of Front Row. “Given that there is no need to speak to a broker and an insurance company underwriter is not involved, the cost to process a camera insurance policy is much less online and we have passed the savings onto the photographer. Although the camera policy is online, we are still available to answer questions by e mail or over the phone if required.”
Refer a Friend to Front Row Insurance
Based on customer demand, we’ve setup our referral marketing program and if you refer a friend to Front Row, you could win a $15 Amazon eGift Card OR be entered into a random draw to win a $99 Amazon eGift Card! (depending on your province)
DISCLAIMER: Informational statements regarding insurance coverage are for general description purposes only. These statements do not amend, modify or supplement any insurance policy. Consult the actual policy or your broker for details regarding terms, conditions, coverage, exclusions, products, services and programs which may be available to you. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to the final determination of underwriting qualifications and acceptance by the insurance underwriting company providing such products or services. This website does not make any representations that coverage does or does not exist for any particular claim or loss, or type of claim or loss, under any policy. Whether coverage exists or does not exist for any particular claim or loss under any policy depends on the facts and circumstances involved in the claim or loss and all applicable policy wording.
Amazon Associates Disclosure: Front Row Insurance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This post may contain affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you.