Posted by Mike Groner on Jul 21, 2016 9:34:37 AM

Foreign location filming

Foreign Film Insurance Coverages

When production activities occur outside of the US or Canada, there may be additional insurance coverages that are either mandatory or that should be considered. Requirements and recommendations will vary depending on the country in question and the type of activity occurring there. A list of some of the most commonly purchased coverages outside of the US or Canada are as follows:

  • Foreign Voluntary Workers Compensation
  • US Auto Liability
  • Foreign Difference in Conditions/ Excess Auto Liability Insurance
  • Out-of-Country Medical Insurance (if Canadian, you'll require out-of-country medical in the US)
  • Locally Admitted Foreign Liability Insurance
  • Political Risk/ War Risk Insurance
  • Civil Commotion/Riot Insurance
  • Weather Insurance
  • Kidnap & Ransom Insurance

To obtain coverage a no obligation insurance quote for your project, please click on one of the links below:

Film Production Package For a Single Production:Film Production Package for a single production: features, television series, documentaries, and more.

Blanket Annual Production Package:    A convenient way of administering your insurance if you anticipate multiple productions in the next twelve months. This type of policy covers Documentaries, Corporate Videos, Commercials, Educational Films, Music Videos, Shorts, and more.


Film Insurance 101 & How to Protect Your Film Project

Film Production Insurance: Why it is needed

Pre-Production Insurance

Film Production Insurance

How the Premium is Determined

Short Film Insurance

DigiGear Insurance

Props/Sets/Wardrobe Insurance

E&O Insurance

DICE Insurance

Third Party Property Damage

Crew Vehicles

Umbrella Vs. Excess Liability

Commercial General Liability

Negative Film / Videotape and Faulty Stock

Workers Comp

Cast Insurance

Extra Expense (EE)

Foreign Locations