An approved cast doctor will save a film producer time and money when obtaining film production insurance for a film production.
Cast insurance covers against extra expenditures incurred by the production caused by death, sickness, disability or kidnapping of insured cast members, director, DOP, or anyone else designated under cast coverage. Financiers and distributors will usually require cast insurance before they release funds.
Five reasons why it is well worth the effort to seek out an experienced doctor that is familiar with cast exams:
- An approved doctor is trained to dig for more information when an actor is being evasive regarding a previous medical condition such as substance abuse or a bad back. This information is material to the insurance company and the producer as it will determine if the actor will be subject to additional premiums to become insurable.
- An approved doctor will not be bullied or awed by a celebrity actor: they obtain better information.
- An approved doctor knows what information a film insurance underwriter needs and provides it. There is less back and forth questioning which saves everyone time.
- An approved doctor always answers all the questions on the cast medical form which avoids delays.
- Last but not least, an approved doctor was approved in the first place because they have legible handwriting!
Feel free to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like me to send you a free list of approved cast doctors in North America.