DICE INSURANCE: DOCS, INDUSTRIAL, COMMERCIAL, EDUCATIONAL FILMS
This is a great insurance policy to save you time and money if you anticipate multiple projects in the next 12 months.
- Feature Length or Theatrical/Television Release over $150,000 budget
- Television Series or Episodes
- Productions with shooting periods +90 Days
(*unless specifically endorsed and in some cases an additional premium applies)
- A DICE policy provides prearranged coverage for a year for your office and all of your productions--except for features and series with budgets over $150,000.
- We will give you blank certificates for the year, allowing you to lock locations and rent equipment on the fly.
- General Liability is less expensive with an annual policy as you only pay for it once per year and it covers all of your projects in a 12 month period. Less work and cost than arranging coverage for each of your projects.
A typical package for a Canadian producer with up to $250,000 in annual productions costs is as follows:
|Faulty Stock, Camera & Processing||250,000|
|Props, Sets & Wardrobe||200,000|
|Miscellaneous Equipment Rented||750,000|
Miscellaneous Equipment Owned (additional premium will apply)
|Property Damage Liability||2,000,000|
|Money & Securities||25,000|
|Physical Damage to Vehicles||150,000 per vehicle|
Canadian DICE Production Insurance Package Costs:
- A deposit premium starts at $1,500.
- Your Final Gross Productions Costs for all productions undertaken during the term of the policy are reported to the Company within 30 days following the expiration or termination of coverage.
- The Annual Earned Premium is computed by applying the rate per $100 of actual gross production costs established at the inception date of the policy.
- A minimum premium of $1,500 will apply regardless of the terms of coverage.
- Premiums can be financed over the year to help your cash flow.
- Rating will vary based on the Film/Video ratio, types of productions and number of annual productions estimated.
- General Liability coverage (to cover locations against property damage or bodily injury caused by your crew) is extra. For example, a $2,000,000 limit would cost $750 annually; a $500,000 limit costs $1,000 annually.
Call or email us for a quote, a description of coverage and further information.
Related BLOG Posts: